As a landlord, or if you are renting property for the first time, there are a number of things that you are required to do by law and others which we would recommend as best practice. Our job at the Property Partnership is to help you through the rental process and take away as much of the hassle from you as possible. Below are some pointers for you to consider. We will also let you know where to find further useful information. If there is anything that you’re not sure about, please give us a call and we will do our best to assist you.
You Will Need the Following for Each Property
- Landlord Registration Number and date of registration (and if available, a copy of the letter you will have received from Aberdeen City Council confirming this.)
- Your National Insurance Number
- Letter of consent from your mortgage lender, authorising you to rent your property.
- Bank details ? Name of bank, Bank address, your account name, sort code and account number.
- Current Gas Safety Certificate for the rental property
- Current EPC (Energy Performance Certificate) for the rental property
- If the property is currently tenanted: the current lease agreement, inventory, and inspection reports relating to the current tenancy and any relevant correspondence with the tenants.
- Any PIRs or PAT test certificates for the rental property
- Current warranties for any electrical items or service agreements that may be in place for the boiler in your rental property.
- Any certification in relation to the smoke / fire detection system in your rental property.
- Current utility providers for your rental property, if known.
- Proof of your identity: two of the following (one containing a photograph and one detailing your permanent address); Passport, Driving License, Pension book, Signed employee ID card, Bank or Building society book, Utility bill