Why Do You need An Energy Performance Certificate?

Before you can market your rental property, you need to have an Energy Performance Certificate or EPC. This gives the property an energy rating and therefore gives tenants an indication of how much it will cost to heat the property. An EPC lasts for ten years and again is an absolute legal requirement.

At The Property Partnership we have a number of approved contractors and will happily arrange an EPC for you if you don’t already have one. You can of course, arrange for this to be carried out yourself should you wish. We would then require copies for the property and for our files.

Related Topics


Obtaining permission from your mortgage lender

View details


Ensuring that landlords are “fit and proper”. Make sure you comply.

View details

gas safety certificate

Gas Safety Certificates

Make sure that your property is safe

View details

Overseas Landlords

Information for non-UK resident landlords

View details