Gas Safety Is A Legal Requirement
If there is gas in your property, it is a legal requirement to have a valid Gas Safety Certificate provided by a Gas Safe Registered installer. Carbon Monoxide is a significant risk, extremely poisonous and can kill quickly. It can be produced if:
- gas appliances are not installed or maintained properly
- rooms are not adequately ventilated
- gas appliances are broken or not functioning properly
- flues or chimneys become blocked
Further information regarding the main requirements for landlords, under the Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998, is available from the Health and Safety Executive.